Lead System Test Engineer
AirHop Communications is a world recognized leader in providing Self Organizing Network (SON) technology for 4G LTE networks. Airhop is seeking a Lead LTE Systems Test Engineer that can organize and participate in the effort to integrate, test, triage, and debug the eSON product into a carrier network.
This is a full-time position.
- Take ownership of on-site integration of the eSON product into a carrier network. This includes working closely with the eNB OEM and the carrier to ensure that the eSON system is operating correctly in the network deployments.
- Work closely with the Airhop engineering and management team to coordinate the efforts of the on-site integration and test team.
- Continuously look for better ways to improve/streamline the integration and test process.
- Organize the effort to define and implement unit, functional, performance, and regression tests in the lab on real eNBs and in simulation.
- Define, coordinate, and implement field test plans to validate eSON system functionality and performance on the carrier network.
- When problems in the field or in the lab are encountered, design tests “on the fly” to characterize the issue.
- Reproduce field test bugs and issues in a lab environment to facilitate triage and debug.
- Identify, design, write, and verify new regression tests to be added to the regression test suite.
- Create and manage an onsite lab for triage of bugs found in the field and for regression testing
Airhop is based in San Diego and our target markets are in the emerging markets of the world.
The position requires:
- B.S. in engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- Experience with Linux and server technology.
- Exceptional debug and analytical skills.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with LTE/UMTS system validation and testing.
- In-depth system knowledge of LTE/UMTS networks.
- Self-driven individual who can plan/coordinate with teams globally and execute projects independently.
- Solid understanding of 802.11 standards preferred. 11ad experience will be highly desirable
- Experience with C++, is a plus.
- Knowledge of scripting Language like Python, Unix Shell, is a plus.
- Familiar with RF sniffing tools like wireshark, JDSU, is a plus.
Interested parties please send all resumes to email@example.com
About the company:
Please see www.airhopcomm.com